In Eph. 4:25-32 Paul instructs us on how our new life in Christ will reflect oyr new spiritual identity. He tells us that we must replace our old life habits with righteous and holy habits– We will break this section in to 5 sections, plus this introductory lesson.
- Replace Lying With Truth-Telling (Eph. 4:25)
- Replace Unrighteous Anger With Righteous Anger (Eph. 4:26-27)
- Replace Stealing With working and Giving (Eph. 4:28)
- Replace Corrupt Talk with Edifying Talk (Eph. 4:29-30)
- Replace Bitterness and Rage with Kindness and Forgiveness (Eph. 4:31-32)
Introduction: This new lifestyle in Christ requires us to change our living drastically. We must replace sinful habits with righteous and holy habits. We must set our minds on the things above (Col. 3:1-3). We must say no to the world and yes to God. We must want to “grow in the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus (2 Peter 3:18).
This section is on how we change our behavior and how that new behavior helps us grow in Christ and how it helps us interact with the world and with our fellow believers. We must be found seeking to reach the lost and strengthening the saved.
We all come to the Lord Jesus on and individual basis but one we are in Christ we must act as a corporate body of Christians seeking to impact the world with the teaching of the Lord Jesus. Our theology and our practice must be the same. We must always live out our faith.
-2-3-2019, Henderson, TN