Christian Articles to Edify Folks
August 5, 2018 at Salem Church of Christ, Cynthiana, KY
The following appeared in the “The Christian Word and Work,” Vol. 5, No. 16, March 5, 1912
Program For A Joyful Life
- I will try to do God’s will every day.
- I will try to see the good in the world and in my neighbor.
- I will not worry over matters I cannot help, and over those I can help I do not need to worry.
- I will keep my mind and heart in touch with the things of the universe.
- I will learn to enjoy the free gifts of God to men, like nature and the facts of physical powers.
- I will learn to prize all my human friendships.
- I will help someone to a happier life every day.
- I will magnify my place in the kingdom of God.
- I will enjoy the friendship of Christ as my redeemer and Brother. “Hope thou in God.” “Rejoice in the Lord always.”