In these verse, we are to be careful how we walk in the Lord. Paul writes the following in Col. 4:5, “Walk in wisdom toward outsiders, making the best use of the time.” The believer is to walk as a Christian in the foloowing 3 ways.
- Not as Unwise People, but as Wise (Eph. 5:15)
- Making the Most of the Time (Eph. 5:16)
- Understand What the Lord’s Will Is (Eph. 5:17)
- “Not As Unwise People, But as Wise.” The following verse from Proverbs instruct us on how to walk in wisdom: Prov. 1:7; Proverbs 9:10; Proverbs 10:1; Proverbs 12:15; Proverbs 13:16, 20; Proverbs 14:16 and in Proverbs 28:26. The Proverb writer says that if we want to live a life of wisdom we must walk with the wise. We must build our lives on the rock of His Word (Matthew 7:24-27)
- Making the Most of the Time. If we believe that we are living in the last days, we must make sure that our lives matter for the Master. If we are living our lives in expectation of the return of the Blessed Hop (Titus 2:11-14), we must prioritize our time for the Lord.
- Understand What the Lord’s Will Is. We must pattern our lived after Jesus. The hymn writer wrote, “More About Jesus Would I Know.” that should be our spiritual aim as we await the coming of our Lord for us as we live in this world.
-February 27, 2020, Louisville, KY