- 9:00-9:45 a.m. Panel Discussion on Bible Study Methods. It was OK, but not what I was expecting– I was expecting them to to share how they go about studying the Bible; but it was about setting up Bible studies with prospects.
- 10:00-10:45 a.m. Homiletics: The Necessity of Application in Preaching. Mike Vestal. “This was one of the best and practical sessions I have attended.
- 11:00-11:45 a.m. A NASA Scientist looks at the age of the Earth (2) — Michael Houts – “Was interesting, but was kinda over most folks heads, in my opinion, at least over mine–but I appreciated his dedication to the Word of God. “
- 6:00-6:45 p.m. Meditations for the Lord’s Supper. Loy Mitchell. “This was a real good message on how to share, uplift and honor Christ at the Table.”
- 7:00-7:45 p.m. What To Do If You Have Child, Friend, or Church Member Go To Prison. Wesley Simons. “This was a “so-so” session.”
- 8:00-8:45 p.m. Islam-Threat On The Horizon. Burt Jones. “An outstanding presentation by someone who knew his ‘stuff.’ Looking forward to some other lectures throughout week.
We had a great lunch at the Old Mill Restaurant in Pigeon Forge. There were about 17 of us from at least 2 states (KY & as Dale Jenkins says, “The Great State of Alabama.”
Looking forward to a great Lord’s Day! Will post later today or tonight