- This appeared in the bulletin of the Parkland Church of Christ, August 1, 1943– This congregation moved to Ralph Avenue in 1954 and closed a year or so ago.
- Never neglect daily private prayer, and when you pray, remember that God is present, and that He hears your prayers. Heb. 11:6.
- Never neglect daily private Bible Reading. (Most, if not all backsliding begins with the neglect of these first two suggestions.)
- Never let a day pass without trying to do something for Jesus. Every night reflect on what Jesus has done for you.
- Never fail to seek God’s guidance as to whether it is right or wrong. If you cannot ask God about it, you may be sure it is wrong.
- Never take Christianity from Christians, or argue that because such people do so and so, therefore you may. Ask yourself, “How would Christ act in my place?”
- Never be satisfied to live the Christian life apart from other Christians. You need their fellowship and they need your help. (Selected)
Christian Articles to Edify Folks
In these verses Paul tells believers what used too mark their lives (17-19) “Therefore, I say this and testify in the Lord: you should no longer walk as the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their thoughts” (verse 17). Paul calls Christians to live no longer like the surrounding pagan culture.
Since Ephesian Christians and us today have entered a new relationship with Christ we are “walk the line.” We are to walk worthy of the of our calling (4:1). We must dedicate our lives to the Lord Jesus Christ. We are as the song James DeForrest Murch wrote, “I’ll put Jesus First in my Life.”
Snodgrass wrotem “We had no light; we were balckened out. Sin produces a malfunction of the mind.”