In Matthew 16:18 Jesus promised to establish His Church. This glorious event took place on the Day of Pentecost. Acts tells us that God of Heaven launched His Church that day. In the first few chapters of Acts we are told that early church centered their ministries in the city of Jerusalem. They had nit ventured out out as Jesus had commanded. The narrative centers our attention on the work of Peter and John. In the 3rd Chapter they had healed the lame man at the Beautiful Gate of the Temple.
We would like to spend some time on each of the five reasons for Church Growth. They are as follows:
- The Early Church Preached the Right Message.
- The Early Church Preached the Right Name.
- The Early Church had Boldness In Defense of the Truth.
- The Early Church Was a Praying Church.
- The Early Church Was One In Christ.
If we are willing to see how the early Church existed among the Jewish, Roman, and Greek cultures, and implement their techniques, we, too, can experience church growth. It will help us work for the unity of all believers in Christ.