October 31st, 2018
Speaker: Larry Miles
Shelbyville Church of Christ, Shelbyville, IL
August 5th, 2018
The following appeared in the “The Christian Word and Work,” Vol. 5, No. 16, March 5, 1912
Program For A Joyful Life
- I will try to do God’s will every day.
- I will try to see the good in the world and in my neighbor.
- I will not worry over matters I cannot help, and over those I can help I do not need to worry.
- I will keep my mind and heart in touch with the things of the universe.
- I will learn to enjoy the free gifts of God to men, like nature and the facts of physical powers.
- I will learn to prize all my human friendships.
- I will help someone to a happier life every day.
- I will magnify my place in the kingdom of God.
- I will enjoy the friendship of Christ as my redeemer and Brother. “Hope thou in God.” “Rejoice in the Lord always.”